The Case Studies
“Drifting Apart” comprises five case studies that are each conducted by a different institute. The constant exchange between the research partners and the development of a common “tool box” for the analysis ensure that the cases can be compared.
- Iran's dissociation from cooperation with the West since 1979
- Russia's dissociation from European security cooperation since the 2000s
- The Soviet Union and the Dissociation of East Central European states from the Warsaw Pact
- China's dissociation from global financial institutions since the 2000s
- The UK's dissociation from the European Union since 2015